Welcome to my Blogspot! Here you can read about the Law of Attraction, Raw Vegan Recipes, and more. You might like to join my Online Manifesting Forum too!

Monday, August 6, 2007

LOA and my Religious Views

I believe the Law of Attraction is a law of physics, rather than spiritual mumbo-jumbo. Just like a magnet attracts metal, our thoughts attract other thoughts. Negative thoughts tend to attract more negative thoughts and positive thoughts tend to attract more positive thoughts. For instance if you are in a fight with your mate, even though it is about one particular issue, suddenly you are swamped with negative thoughts about that person, all the negative things that happened in the past, and then you even start thinking negative thoughts about your life in general. And you can end up depressed. On the other hand when you think a positive thought then more and more positive thoughts can swarm in until you are almost overwhelmed with all the great energy! - I think that's what we call excitement.

But we can train ourselves to respond to a negative thought with a positive one.

Thoughts usually lead to actions. Negative thoughts can often lead to destructive actions. And positive thoughts usually lead to creative actions. This is especially true when the thoughts are repeated often enough, when they become a focus. We are all using the Law of Attraction all the time unconsciously.

I think it is one of the ways that God answers prayers. I think it is a law that He made in order to help us get what we want, to help our free will to be effective, and to allow us to co-create our world with Him.

I believe there are many other natural laws, cosmic laws, laws of physics, and spiritual laws too.

My own religious beliefs are that all religions contain truth but most if not all of the texts were edited by the rulers of the day for political reasons. I believe in accepting all religions. I believe that religious tolerance is one of the most important things we can cultivate for world peace. More than tolerance, I think we need to understand the religions of the world and see where they all are saying the same thing in essence; that all people in the world are loved by God, and that we should be happy and pass that love on to each-other.

I grew up with a book called The Urantia Book which is where I got a lot of my religious philosophy from.

I believe that there has to be a balance between creating and allowing. On the one hand we have to plot our course in life, to use our free will, to do what we love. On the other hand we have to allow God to adjust our course, to pray for God's will to be done in our lives, and to let our needs be spread out before us. If we think we are doing it all, we can become pretty miserable, because we just don't know enough. We don't have enough of the big picture. On the flipside if we are just waiting for God to do everything, waiting for marching orders, we could be waiting forever because I think what He wants is for us to use the free will He gave us. If we were created in His image, we must be little Creators. So it is a dance. A balance. An art. A give and take. A wonderful and exciting journey!

No comments: